Over 29 years of maritime experience of which 15 years maritime and energy surveying.
- OCIMF accredited inspector.
- Accredited IRCA Lead Auditor of Quality Management Systems (certificate).
- IMCA accredited eCMID auditor for offshore assets.
- Independent Casualty Surveyor and expert witness on maritime claims.
- Holds valid Master license from MCA UK (until 2022).
- Accredited Rig Move Master & Warranty Surveyor.
- Hull and Structural Damage Surveys on all types of Marine Assets.
- Collision Investigation of seagoing Tankers and pleasure crafts.
- Flag Registration Consultants,
- Investigations into grounding, Collisions and/or contact damages.
- Investigations of Bulk and Containerized cargo related claims (Quantity & Quality).
- General Average Surveys.
- Towing and fastening Surveys, warranty Surveys
- Investigations into Stoppages at sea, Diversions and delays.
- Hatch covers ULTRASOUND TEST Inspection. (Training course by SDT Sherlog)
- Cargo tally, Pre/ Post shipment Steel surveys, and Project cargoes.
- Refrigerated Cargo Surveys, Container Damage/ malfunction Claims.
- Sealing and Unsealing of cargo holds and Drawing Cargo Samples.
- Casualty inspections and Internal Safety Audits.
- Project Cargo & heavy lifts – Stowage, Lashing approvals and Superintendence.
- Container Surveys: Condition Damage & Repair Estimates. Certification for cargo worthiness.
- Inquiry into overloading of the vessel and/or assisting Master in stability Calculation.
- Inquiry into Fire and other Marine accidents.
- Inaccessible cargo space surveys to measure hatch volume.
Captain Irani’s knowledge bank is updated regularly to keep abreast with the latest regulations and Maritime Policies, being an Active member of the following Professional organizations goes a long way towards this cause:
- International Institute Of Marine Surveying (Regional Director-Persian Gulf) – Nominated Fellow
- Institute of Chartered Ship Brokers (ICS)- Education committee member – Nominated Fellow
- Institute Of Marine Technologist. (associate)
- The Nautical Institute. – Associated Fellow
- National Association of Marine Surveyors – USA. NAMSglobal-CMS (Certified Marine Surveyor).
- Member of Honorable company of Master Mariners (HCMM).
Captain Zarir Soli Irani
- MBA, FICS, AFNI, FIIMS, NAMS-CMS
- (I.I.M.S. Regional Director for Arabian Gulf) Sr. Partner
U.A.E Resident Since 2004
- Tel. : +971 4 4232884 & +971 4 4518060
- Fax : +971 4 4232894
- E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent interviews of Captain Zarir Irani.
Recent Article by Captain Zarir Irani.
- A Rig move Master’s Perspective-case study
- Pro-active Measures with industry intelligence
RELOCATION OF A JACK-UP DRILLING UNIT –For Full Article click here
Captain Zarir Irani Presentation on Marine insurance and warranty at the offshore support Vessel Technology Forum held in AbuDhabi.
In a well-researched presentation Capt. Zarir lrani spoke about the Act, Principles, Warranties, Common Findings related to the marine insurance sector. He mentioned that worldwide Marine insurance contracts take into consideration the statute mentioned in the Marine Insurance Act 1906 and the majority of the worldwide marine insurance is governed by this Act. During his talk he pointed out the five basic principles of marine insurance that should be adhered to viz: Insurable interest, Utmost Good Faith, Proximate Cause., indemnity and Subrogation. He categorically stated that all contracts of marine insurance are contracts ‘Uberrimae Fidei’ i.e. of the utmost good faith’ and if the utmost good faith is not observed by either party, the contract may be voided by the other party (the underwriters). Proximate Cause (or ‘causa proxima’) is derived from the legal dictum causa proxima non remota spectatur’. This means that ‘the proximate and not the remote cause to be considered’. The Act provides that the insurer is liable for any loss proximately caused by a peril insured against the mentioned.
Capt. Irani clearly explained the warranty clauses and its meaning. In his well-attended paper, he mentioned that a warranty’s the same as a “condition” on any other type of insurance policy. It is an express or implied contractual undertaking by the assured that something will or will not be done.